Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Thumbs Down: 'Choose A Size' Paper Towels



No this post has nothing to do with the beautiful nor the talented but I do love me my Paper towels so roll with me...

I am sure the inventor of those 'choose/pic a size' roles of paper towels got plenty of praise. We are all concerned about the environment and using less of anything is a good thing. I am sure the boardroom presentation included pictures of land fills with huge amounts of paper towels that the presenter claimed would not end up in there if only we could grab the roll and use a smaller portion.

WRONG!

My compost bin is currently full of paper towels due to this stupid invention!

I recycle bottles, cans, cardboard, newspapers, magazines and food waste. It takes a good hour on garbage day to get it all ready, but I was as Al Gored as the next guy. But...there are certain things I do not want to give up and one is my God given right to use an entire sheet of paper towel. I love my paper towel, I am at a loss without it. It is harder and harder to find full sheets at the grocery store due to all those stupid packages of 'choose a size'. Let me tell you something, I made chicken fried rice tonight and the amount of paper towel I ripped, ruined and wasted by not being able to properly grab an entire sheet most certainly wiped out any waste savings the company is trying to make the public think they care about.

Get rid of them!!!
Rant over :)

1 comment:

Bobby said...

Oh, Tye. Thank goodness the brand I use offers BOTH select-a-size and regular. You might see if the brand you use offers that, too. I, personally, prefer the select-a-size version.