Sunday, September 12, 2010

Abercrombie & Fitch Quarterly is back!



Yeah I have been slow with this story, but finally saw the issue recently and had to post. Shots from early Abercrombie & Fitch quarterlies dominated my 'right click and save' folder when I first got online a decade ago. Many of the images by Bruce Weber of The Carlson Twins, Joseph Sayers, Dayton Schlosser and many others have become classics to me, representing a time when the world opened up to this small town boy. Pre-Internet I had not and would not have even heard of A & F. Today and tomorrow I will share some of my favorite shots from the recent issue, many of which I think are destined to become classics as well.



'The A&F Quarterly will be part of the "Back-to-School" 2010 marketing campaign and its theme being an A&F "Hollywood screen test". A lead story will be offered mimicking American Idol: "The staff of A&F Studios opens up to editorial to explain the steps the division takes to find new, young, hot boys. The cattle-call approach to herd young talent ends with the best of the beefcake earning a screen test that 'could be the flint to spark the trip to the star'." Returning to the publication is Bruce Weber, who remains exclusive photographer for the A&F company and shot the images in February 2010. Behind-the-scenes shots will also provide a look behind Weber's A&F coveted photo shoots.'



A&F Screen Test films: Call Backs by Bruce Weber











No comments: