Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Boy Next Door:



It used to be 'the boy next door' had a clear meaning. That nice kid on the street, clean cut, decent student, usually on a sports team, got in a little but not a lot of trouble growing up. Clean cut, short hair = good, long hair, unshaven = bad. Also in the bad category were usually tattoos, owning a motorcycle and smoking.

These lines, or forms of measures are thankfully blurred today as we all know you cannot judge a book by it's cover, no matter how nicely packaged. But...as I profiled the two gorgeous, yet very different models today, the theme of 'boy next door' went through my head. It was not just that they were different, it was more that I found myself thinking differently as I put together text to accompany the shots. I had to stop old notions and stereotypes from effecting my direction. What do you think? Is there such a thing as 'a boy next door' anymore?

Above: Brandon by LightWeaver

Above: Phat Daddy by Hans Fahrmeyer

1 comment:

Bobby F said...

Brandon is definitely more to my liking!