Sunday, August 21, 2011

Classic Playgirl: 1986-Daniel Cook



Daniel Cook
Playgirl: June 1986
Photographed by Norma Thom



If your read FH on a regular basis you know I like to look back at Classic Playgirl models and spreads. In looking at some past issues online, it appears that during the 80's the magazine was trying to get those readers of The Harlequin Romance with muted lighting, wispy white lace curtains and men who were safe, gentle and above all romantic. Not sure it drew in the women readers but then bartender and model Daniel Cook is certainly beautiful to look at. 23 at the time of the shoot, the Delaware native describes his ideal fantasy as;

'To get stranded on a island in the South Pacific with half a dozen of New York's finest female models. It would certainly help out if a case of Dom Perignon was stranded with us'

I love the quotes used, had to share a few more!



'I never fall "in like" with a woman-I am completely consumed'



I like to stroll along the beach or take my lover in my arms just because.



'I am energetic when it comes to work, but gentle and very accommodating when it comes to love.'




No comments: