Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just Because: Commercials



With the invention of the DVR television commercials are basically a thing of the past for me. I love being able to fly through an hour long show in 18 minutes (sometimes less...). I do have fond memories of commercials as a child however, sometimes more the shows themselves, certain commercials remind me of certain times of our lives. There are two commercials currently running that both have made an impact on me, and I am sure of few of you.

Dairy Queen

Actor, writer and trapezer (yes trapezer) John Behlmann is so damned adorable and engaging I get a hard on every time I drive by a Dairy Queen. I am not even an ice cream guy but thoughts of blizzards and dipped cones have all now weaved together with thoughts of John. This talented actor has a long resume of television and stage work and the as the Dairy Queen guy, I could watch his commercials over and over! Join John on Facebook HERE:






And, on the flip side...

Weight Watchers
Every time the Jennifer Hudson weight watchers commercial comes on I, the most non violent person on the planet, want to find a gun and pull an Elvis on the television screen. I like Hudson, her talent is beyond, but this commercial seems to be on a loop playing to the point even the most dedicated of weight watchers members must be grabbing for the ruffles.

3 comments:

Bobby F said...

The Weight Watchers commercial commentary is HILARIOUS! I really like the guy in the new Kindle commercials. He is so cute. I think he's a soap star...you might have posted about him already, it seems like I remember something about him on here somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the Jack in the Box commercial with the male strippers. That guy dressed as the cop is soo hot! Could watch that commercial all day.

-Chris

Scot said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I have been wondering about the Dairy Queen guy for the longest time. I knew I'd seen him on Yhe Good Wife but I still couldn't find out who he was.
In some of those DQ ads he reminds me of James Franco.
He's very nice to look at. :0)