Friday, September 16, 2011

Rethinking Ringer....



Not sure if any of you checked out Ringer after my post last week but if you did...sorry. It is not that the show was that bad, it is just it was just not that good. There were enough interesting plot twists to have me give it a second look but the production values were so bad it was almost laughable. Some have compared the green screen effects on par with Hart To Hart (not a compliment given that show was from the 80's). The argument that the show was going for an old Hollywood crime film noir style doesn't cut it. If the show doesn't make it, the pilots boat scene will be remembered as part of the reason. The cast, with Gellar being pretty much the only female, is easy on the eyes and the twist ending, though was predictable still has me curious to see more. Anyone else give the show a shot?

3 comments:

Bobby F said...

I forgot to watch it...but I did see the outtake of that awesomely horrible boat scene obviously filmed inside a soundstage (well, except for the parts of the scene where the boat wasn't moving).

Unknown said...

I watched last night and was not all that crazy about it too. Not sure why, it just didn't do anything for me. Hard to believe that her not seeing her sister for "X" years and she has her characterists down pat, and not even the husband and boyfriend knew she was the same person? Even the FBI agent couldn't tell? The husband and boyfriend would be the only reason to have me watch again, especially if something only mediocre is on another channel.

Alex said...

First off, I am SO happy to have Sarah back on TV!
Now to Ringer; I really liked the first episode actually. I went into it knowing that it is the pilot/first episode, this is the episode where they set up the entire show's premise, and introduce the main cast.
The boat scene wasn't fantastic, I'll admit it--it was SOOO incredibly fake looking. But nowadays, channels may be wary to go all out right away, when a show could potentially fail. So we may see things get better if they decide to take the show on 100%. Another thing about it being the first episode is that we are just being given a sample, this is a taste of what the show is, if you want the whole cake-keep watching! I can't give up on the show so long as Sarah's on board. I think it will get better as the plot develops further and as all the actors get comfortable in their roles.