Sunday, December 23, 2012

Half Assed...


Christmas and the New Year can sometimes be a time to take a close look at our lives. Most people tend to follow the famous quote and see their life, like that glass, as being half empty or half full. Sometimes you don't really have to change anything to turn a half empty glass into one half full. Instead, sometimes simply changing how you choose to interrupt your life and what you have is more than enough. For much of this year, I have selfishly seen certain things in my life as half empty, and consequently, often put a half assed effort into certain tasks and relationships. After December 14th and Sandy Hook, it really is impossible not to see that same glass as brimming over with blessings. I hope I don't, I hope we don't, need any further reminders.

No comments: