Friday, February 22, 2013

The Men Of SNL: Adam Sandler


Over the last few weeks, NBC has been airing Saturday Night Live retrospectives, first with the 80' and last Sunday the aired the 90's. I was still in my teens and addicted to SNL during the 90's. In re-watching many of the classic clips last week I was reminded how hot some of the guys were. I am not sure I saw it at the time, but sometimes looking back at something can mean looking at it differently.



Adam Sandler was always a favorite, an eccentric sense of humour and the ability to make huge laughs out of really nothing. Sandler was more a character driven comedian. Even when playing 'himself' on an update sketch, or singing a song, Sandler was usually funny because of the character he was playing more than the words he was saying or lyrics he was singing.

SNL
Schmitts Gay Beer

I followed Sandler to the movies after he left SNL and through my twenties laughed my head off at many of his films. It has been awhile however, since an Adam Sandler movie has drawn me to the theatre. His last few were better watched on television, with the FF button close at hand. Hopefully Sandler will go back to playing characters, and not resting on his popularity to hold our attention during a movie.


Below: Sandler with Alec Baldwin in the Canteen Boy sketches. Hilarious while still on the edge.


Chuck & Larry

'Don't Mess With Zohan'

With Milo Ventimiglia in 'That's My Boy'

No comments: