Friday, March 29, 2013

Taking the Hunk with the Junk


'Maybe it's the hours he spent going Downton on my Abbey....'


2 Broke Girls is to me, one of televisions worst shows. I know I know, many of you love it, you must, it was the highest rated new comedy last season. What I find most irritating about this excuse for entertainment is that it had/had promise. It's executive producer, Michael Patrick King helmed The Comeback, one of the best, and my favorite comedy series ever! It's leads are likable, it premise very Laverne & Shirley 'friends with a dream' like. But with all this going for it, it is so blatantly lazy.

Brandon Jones

I like a good sex joke as well as the next guy, but 2 Broke Girls sometimes comes off as if written by a horny 14 year old boy. The show seems to have the motto; Why be witty when throwing penis in a line of dialogue will do? The show is one penis, tool, boob, breast, tampon, anal leakage, venereal disease joke after another.


The only reason to bother DVR the show is because that 14 year old horny teen boy can be a little bit gay. Stripping the shirts off male guest stars is a staple. In one of televisions most beautifully gratuitous 22 minutes, And the Three Boys With Wood, the show cast hunk Brandon Jones and the adorable Jack DePew (he has the cutest nose...) as two naive Amish boys hitting the city for the first time. Besides keeping them shirtless and wet most of the episode, Jack's character spent a lot of the time embarrassed, and trying to hide his erection.

Jack DePew

As cute as Brandon, Jack and Noah Mills (below) are, a few minutes of skin may have me DVR, but it does not have me actually watching, and God forbid listening, to what passes for dialogue on this show. For now, 2 Broke Girls remains my current favorite show to watch while doing prep work for my job. I simply play my favorite music loudly, turn on the TV, press mute and enjoy!

Noah Mills


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate everything on CBS. I used to love the comedies on NBC until they started putting shows like Whitney and 1600 Penn on. Now I've lost all hope. Fox is the only network that seems to air decent comedies. I really wish we could have a resurgence of great comedies as good as Friends, Will and Grace, and Fraiser. The New Normal had potential but is way too preachy. The Office was amazing but stayed on for too long.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

Just a little FYI, Two Broke Girls won the Ememy for best new comedy. How bad were the rest of them?

Tye said...

FYI back at ya...

The show did not win an EMMY, nor do I think that is ever possible. I believe what it won was a People's Choice Award.