Sunday, May 26, 2013

Women I Love: Siobhan Fallon


There are only a small group of women who usually get mentioned when the funniest females from Saturday Night Live are discussed. One woman who always makes my list is Siobhan Fallon (Hogan). Siobhan was only on the show for about a year, but her career since has been a long string of memorable roles.

SNL, Sorority Girls Sketch (1991)

On television, Siobhan had roles on such shows as Third Watch, Rescue Me, The Golden Girls and Fred: The Show. I especially loved on Seinfeld in her role as Elaine's roommate Tina, who I really needed much more air time! Although a stand out on television, it was in movies where the actress really got a chance to shine.

Greedy (with Phil Hartman, 1994)

Forrest Gump, Greedy, Jury Duty, Striptease, Men In Black, Dogville, We Need To Talk About Kevin and Baby Mama are but a small portion of Siobhan's credits. I think my favorite role of Siobhan's was Blanche, Renée Zellweger's cheery secretary in the underrated 2009 comedy New In Town. The movie is not great, but I love the characters and the town and the world in which the movie is set. Renée Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr are fine, but Siobhan steals the show in every hilarious scene she is in.

Baby Mama (2008)

New In Town (2009)

No comments: