Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Those Who Wait... Rob Bergeron by Joshua Gagnon


Good things do come to those who wait. I first saw, and posted an image from Manchester, New Hampshire photographer Joshua Gagnon during my Halloween postings back in 2011. After the image I wrote 'look for more of Joshua's work on FH coming soon...' Although I am not sure it would be stretch for two years to be considered soon, given the subject matter is 23 year old model Rob Bergeron, I am not complaining.


Joshua and Robe have shot every summer now for the past 3 years and lucky for me when Joshua and were recently communicating about a post, Rob was on his way over for an afternoon Halloween shoot. The first images are from their first shoot together, but the last few below are from earlier this month.


'The first thing that attracted me to Rob was his tattoo. Very impressive ink! I Love working with Rob because he is the epitome of the all American guy. He is a laid back, everything laid out on the table Army guy who gives 100% every time he models.'


I believe there is a rhythm to life, some people manage to get that, and move in sync with it, others fight against it, never quite getting with the beat. There is a graceful flow within Joshua's work you can literally feel, classic and elegant.


I often talk on FH about stories within photography. Many images capture just a brief moment of the tale while others give a beginning, middle and end. With the work of Joshua Gagnon I would describe his images more as poems, brief, lyrical snippets of moments which instead of unveiling the complete tale, scratch just enough of the surface to have you wanting to see more.

HALLOWEEN 2013



' I always look forward to collaborating ideas with Josh and am never disappointed with the results, it's always a fun easygoing atmosphere!'
Rob Bergeron




No comments: