Tuesday, December 16, 2014

An Unkind Voice


Sometimes judging a reality show can be risky. I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how Pharrell was skeezing me out. Others though, like Jennifer Lopez, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani (so far) come off as likable and gain fans. Some though, come off as egotistical assholes... Lets put Adam Levine in the latter category. I don't remember Levine being quite so annoying previous seasons but this season is ridiculous. Between his constant (and I mean CONSTANT) shushing of the audience so that he can be heard and his over the top anointing of the singers he coaches, he is approaching being almost impossible to take. The Voice is pretty much the only singing show I still 'sort of' watch, but Levine has made the frequent fast forwarding almost not worth the effort.

No comments: