Monday, December 21, 2015

Back Door Santa by Richard Rothstein



I'm your Back door Santa
I make my run, At the break of day
Well, I ain't like Old Saint Nick
He don't come, But once a year
Clarence Carter, 1969


Every culture and country of the world has their own version of what Santa Claus is. What he looks like, what his purpose is, and what gifts he might bring. I think some of my favorite versions of ole Kris Kringle are Richard Rothstein's versions of a New York Santa.


Although Richard's Santa's are more naughty than nice, his goals is the same as all Santa's, to spread pleasure into every door he enters. Last December, I introduced you to Richard's Manhattan Santa, and this December I am pleased to bring you Richard's Back Door Santa a Claus who know that it's always better to give than to receive.




1 comment:

Bobby F. said...

How funny you mentioned this song tonight. I had never heard of this song before about 4 hours ago at Kentucky Fried Chicken! Very strange coincidence.