Sunday, January 31, 2016

Slow Burn: Ike Barinholtz


I usually love anything/everything Tina Fey and Amy Poehler related, but I didn't really love Sisters. The movie seemed a bit lazy to me, like the rushed it together skipping some important steps with the writing. Although there were certainly laughs, and some good laughs, there were far from enough of them. One of the things I did enjoy about the film however, was it's having me look a little differently at actor Ike Barinholtz.


With Chris Messina, and the other hotties on The Mindy Project, it is little hard to stand out. I have always thought Ike was adorable, and incredibly funny and many of you may have noticed (especially if you look closely at his characters stomach tattoo) that there has been quite a bit less of Ike to love the last season or so on Mindy. Sisters, although week on story, managed to cement Ike's official entry into 'hunk' status.

Below: Barinholtz & Messina


In Sisters, Ike is not just Poehler's leading man, he is the films leading man and he certainly looks the part. In addition most of Maya Rudolph's scenes, some of the finest bits come from Ike. His bedroom scene with Poehler got the biggest laughs with the audience I watched the film with. If only the film had shot more scenes with Ike, and less with Bobby Moynihan, (an actor I like on SNL, but found incredibly annoying in his flick)


MadTV
Above: Ike as one of the Abercrombie boys on the recurring MADTV sketch. Below, one of my favorite, and a surprisingly hot scene with Josh Meyers.


Sisters (2016)

Disaster Movie (2008)

No comments: