Monday, March 7, 2016

Aidan Quinn in Reckless (1984)



I am sure I'm not the only one who made good use of the pause, rewind and play buttons on my VCR watching birthday boy Aidan Quinn in 1984's Reckless. When I got a bit older, I re-watched the film, and although I still 'paused' several times, gained an appreciation of Aidan the actor beyond just the body, and his incredible blue eyes.


Reckless marked Quinn's first nude scene, and his most exposure, nudity wise, on the big screen. Quinn went on to appear nude with butt scenes in Desperately Seeking Susan and butt scenes in Blink and The Assignment.





Like so many films from the 80's and 90's, some of the nudity (usually male nudity) disappeared from the movie's theatrical, and VHS release, when it made the transfer to DVD. Some might be due to format, but I wonder how much was dropped due to actors, and contracts.


Reckless was Quinn's first feature film, so he made not have had much choice if he wanted the role in the negotiation process when it came to showing all the goods. Although the shower scene shown here (pic above from the VHS release) was obviously cropped for the DVD release, a second frontal scene, was thankfully left intact.



No comments: