Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Fat White Family's Member


'Well…this was definitely something new. I can’t say that I’ve ever had a dick in my face before but here I was at Bowery Ballroom seeing a guy I know (in the form of Fat White Family frontman Lias Saoudi) convulsing/thrusting his porksword towards a massive crowd while screaming into a microphone.'


I had never heard of the English rock band A Fat White Family until just this week. But, after searching for an image for a Naked News story, the group, formed in 2011 in Peckham, South London, became sort of a fascination.


The news story I found was about troubled guitarist, Saul Adamczewski, exiting the group this past August. As retaliation, the group posted a naked image of Saul on-line. In searching for that image (which you can see censored HERE:), it was naked concert shots of lead vocalist Lias Saoudi, that kept popping up.


AUTRE: When I saw you at the Bowery Ballroom you had your cock out within the first three minutes of the show.

LIAS SAOUDI: (laughs) I don’t know where that comes from really. As a person I’m usually quite reserved, quite shy, quite insecure essentially, so it’s like an outlet I suppose. It’s not really like a pre-meditated thing. It just feels nice. Theoretically, again if you’re doing that in contemporary art it raises all sorts of questions. Difficult questions. But I think if you’re doing that in Rock n’ Roll it’s just a bit of spice.


I believe the images here are from a 2014 concert Bowery Ballroom in New York, but as you can see from the video below, from Italy's Ypsigrock, being naked on stage is nothing new for the singer. The group has been called grimy, outrageous, vulgar, offensive and a rancid mess. They are also known as one the worst groups people are listening to. Maybe they're not as much listening as watching...


I find the fat that LIas is on stage, completely naked, with his clothed band members surrounding him both sexy and interesting. I think Lias' comments about it being an outlet make sense, creating an atmosphere of freedom to do things he may not do if not on stage.