Friday, December 23, 2016

12 Days: Daniel Sunjata in Noel


Several years ago, I started the series 12 Days. 12 Days, was a 12 day countdown featuring some of the holiday hunks I discovered in Christmas themed movies. I love holiday movies, and it was interesting to see how many of those male leads in wholesome Hallmark movies had nude scenes in their past.


12 Days never got off the ground this year. I have been busier than usual, and have little time to watch many Christmas movies. I am hoping to rectify that a bit next week, but in the meantime, wanted to share one actor who caught my eye last week. I have yet to see 2004's Noel, but I see it is on Netflix. I am not sure I am ready yet to dive into a Susan Sarandon film, but if I do, this one is the one I'll watch.


I was at holiday game night party last week, after most people left, a few of us hung around to chat. Although the sound was off, the television was on and actor Daniel Sunjata's beautiful face and eyes were on the screen. It the few minutes I saw, Daniel's character seemed to be getting rejected by Sarandon... guess I'll have to watch to see why. The film also featured Penélope Cruz and Paul Walker. Later that night when I got home, I IMDB Daniel to find out the name, and year of the Christmas themed film.


I have to admit, my introduction to Daniel was not a film or TV role, but on a message board that featured a thread of images of actors who have appeared nude on stage in Take Me Out. Daniel's body was incredible of course, but it was that face and those eyes that drew to me look for him in his many television roles. Daniel has been a part of many TV shows, most recently along side Aaron Tveit in Graceland, and on ABC's Notorious. Notorious looks close to cancellation, with it's episode # recently reduced, but if it makes it to another season, I will add it to the DVR.

Noel

Daniel with Aaron Tveit in Graceland

Daniel in Rescue Me

Take Me Out

In 2002, Daniel joined Frederick Weller and Denis O'Hare in an off-Broadway run at the Joseph Papp Public Theater/New York Shakespeare Festival.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are you avoiding Susan Sarandon?

-Chris