Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Favorite Face of the Day: Tyler Young


'Honored to have played a small part of this incredible project.'

A glimpse of 'Matt' from When We Rise

Although interested, I really hadn't planned on watching When We Rise. There were a lot of actors in the cast I loved, but wasn't sure I wanted to invest in the 8 hours of the four part mini series. Writer Dustin Lance Black however, hooked me from the get go, introducing in part 1, three main characters to follow. I found myself involved in each of their stories right away, especially with Black's writing and Gus Van Sant's direction. It was also great seeing so many familiar faces including Spring Awakening's alum Austin P. McKenzie, Sam Jaeger and Fame alum Michael DeLorenzo as Jose.

Next two images of Tyler by Paul Smith Photography

In one of the productions first scenes, we're introduced to the young Cleve Jones character, (McKenzie) hanging out shirtless with the incredibly hot Matt. Matt wasn't named, but I recognized the amazing face (even with the longer hair) of actor Tyler Young. Tyler looked incredibly with his beautiful eyes and curly hair. I was really hoping to see more of the character, but it appears some of Matt's story with Cleve were sadly cut due to time.


Tyler first caught my eye during an appearance on Empire, and he has guest starred on a few prime time shows as well as starring in USA networks Eyewitness. I have read a bit about Eyewitness, and Young's character and his relationship with Lukas (Bill's son James Paxton). Sadly, I don't get USA so have not found a way to watch...yet. Tyler certainly caught my eye in When We Rise, and I look forward to watching Eyewitness, and will be keeping an eye on his future roles.

Eyewitness

Tyler and Eyewitness co-star James Paxton

Besides wondering why didn't get more Matt, my main question about Part 1 was whether Whoopi and Rosie were on the same set for their scenes? They were certainly in a few group scenes together, but the editing made it seem they may have been shot at different times...

When We Rise (Part 1)

2 comments:

Seaweed said...

Tyler Young and James Paxton have incredible chemistry in Eyewitness, but never more clear than in this Live Chat which you can find here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoTTLohdwRE

Both young men are intelligent and so very well spoken. I definitely have done some crushing on them, but besides that, they are both engaging and open young men who speak freely of their chosen work. Such a joy in youth and the new millennium that the inhabit.

I did have a link to a fanpage on Youtube but it has since disappeared. YOu might be fortunate enough to find links in a few odd searches as they have gained quite a following online.

JiEL said...

I too saw this first episode and is recording the other ones.
Recording enables me to skip the adds. Too many adds that are 40min on a 120min episode.

But the most important is that is a GOOD «mini serie» and a nice historical one even if it's a bit in drama characters.

As a Canadian, it helps me to understand every struggles that LGBT USA communities were going thru to achieve the recognition of simple «human rights».
A quest that ressembles the one of black people in USA.

What I noticed, and it's not new to me, is the violence and hate that straight people were doing against gays. This is all according to your religious and extremist right wing in USA society. Mostly coming from the Bible Belt and redneck states.

Up here in Canada and Montreal in the 70's, we had few riots but not with such hatred and violence. Soon our federal gouvernement, with Pierre Elliot Trudeau, did some debates and ended with the conclusion that the gouvernement had NOTHING to do in the bedrooms of the population and their way of living.

It leaded to our «Canadian Chart of Rights and Liberties» that is protecting ALL our freedom no matter our race,religion, sex etc..

In the years after, LGBT of Canada did gain the right to marry and to have and adopt children. We didn't have to fight and manifest in violent ways to convince our leader to give us those rights.

Our Confederation is different then your Constitution which makes it easier to achieve social consensuses so that everyone can be accepted and be fully recognize as citizens of Canada with full rights.

Now that you've elected this «narrow minded» Trumpty Dumpty president and that his office is filled, by him, with bigot ministers, again your gains of LGBT rights are in jeopardy. It's like a never ending story or a «cha-cha» dance: one step forward, two step backward......

PS- I like mini series because they have an end.
I love Game of Thrones, to make an example, but it is too long before it wraps up.
In another one, Looking was too short and the ending was nice but let me on my thirst.
With «This is Us» I'm really addicted and I love that serie hoping to see the end of it but not too soon, I hope. Must admit that I shred some tears after almost every episodes to tell you how heartbreaking this show is.