Friday, March 3, 2017

One More Bridges to Cross


I never thought I would be doing a favorite 'hunk' post on actor Beau Bridges. It isn't that I didn't think he was talented and cute, but I have only really known Beau for his appearances on TV the last decade, usually playing the dopey grandfather. I have lusted after his brother Jeff, and posted about him in last Sunday's salute to the Oscars. Beau however, was never really on my radar until last week.

With Darren Criss in Broadway's How To Succeed in Business Without Even Trying (2012)

I love Sally Field, and always wanted to get around to watching her Oscar winning performance in Norma Rae. Finally a few weeks ago, it came up on one of the movie channels I subscribe to. I thoroughly enjoyed the move, especially the performances of Sally Field and actor Ron Leibman. The movie reminded a bit of Erin Brockavoch, with Beau Bridges in the Aaron Eckhart role, complete with hairy chest and shirtless scenes. I all of a sudden started looking at goofy Beau in an entirely different way.

The Family Business

According to ncdb, Beau has shown a little skin both Gaily Gaily (Chicago Chicago) in 1969, and Hammersmith is Out in 1972. As good a researcher as I think myself to be, I could not find copies to either buy, or download of either of these flicks. Neither, including Hammersmith which also starred Elizabeth Taylor, seem to have made to DVD, nor did I find any old VHS copies. I will keep looking and let you know if anything comes up!

With brother Jeff on Saturday Night Live (1983)

Village of the Giants (1965)

With Elizabeth Taylor in Hammersmith is Out (1972)

Gailey Gailey (1969)


With Farrah Fawcett in The Red-Light Sting (1984)


Norma Rae (1979)

2 comments:

Steve said...

both movies are available on Rarelust:

Gaily Gaily (1969)
http://rarelust.com/gaily-gaily-1969/

Hammersmith Is Out (1972)
http://rarelust.com/hammersmith-is-out-1972/

Tye said...

Thanks Steve, never heard of that site, will check it out.

Tye