Sunday, June 25, 2017

Scene-Stealers: Liam Hemsworth in The Dressmaker


I love discovering movies I really should have known existed. I love Kate Winslet, I love Judy Davis and I love me some Liam Hemsworth. Yet, despite loving these three actors, I overlooked 2015's The Dressmaker. Thanks to my On Demand, and a summer flu bug, I had the chance to watch last week.


Having just seen Davis in Feud, it was great to see the talented actress in a role that couldn't be further than her turn as Hedda Hopper. It was also great to see Winslet in a great role worthy of her talent. Although I don't begrudge her the big budget salary, she is wasted in movies like Divergent. Liam is as hot as ever, but he also again brings in another winning performance.


The Hemsworth's get most of their attention due to their looks, well deserved, but Liam has also been choosing some roles in some interesting films. The Dressmaker is certainly an interesting, and entertaining film. Of course a gratuitous shirtless scene always helps, especially one where Tilly (Winslet) is measuring Teddy (Hemsworth) for a suit for an upcoming wedding.


No comments: