Thursday, August 31, 2017

One to Watch: Harris Dickinson


'An astonishing big-screen debut by Harris Dickinson.'
IndieWire


It's been awhile since an actor, especially one in a gay themed drama, has gotten such universally rave reviews for their performance. Eliza Hittman's Beach Rats is bringing a lot of attention actor Harris Dickinson's way, and he seems to be keeping his head firmly on his shoulders. The London born actor has been performing since he was a kid, but at 20, his role as the sexually confused Frankie marks his first starring role in a film.


'Frankie starts to rack up a lot of dates with daddy types (mainly to ensure that his sexual escapades remain outside his social circle), and we see nearly all of Dickinson, whether in motel rooms or roadside hideouts.'


'It was a new experience But I was comfortable doing it. I’m comfortable in my sexuality and in my body now. You have to come to terms with the fact that you’re going to bare yourself on-screen and it’s going to exist there forever, but I cared enough about the character that I just wanted to throw myself into it.'
Harris Dickinson, Out Magazine


No comments: