Saturday, September 23, 2017

Just Because: Alias Grace


For me, the highlight of last Sunday's EMMY Awards was seeing author Margaret Atwood walk up the stage. Margaret deserved the well earned applause she received. Atwood is one of my favorite authors, even if Cat's Eye was forced upon me by my grade 11 English teacher. It was great to see the writer of Handmaid's Tale get the recognition she deserves.


Another of Atwood's novels, 1985's Alias Grace premieres on both CBC and Netflix on Monday. I have not read Alias Grace, but the story of the notorious 1843 murders of Thomas Kinnear and his housekeeper Nancy Montgomery in Upper Canada looks promising. It doesn't hurt one of the stars is actor Edward Holcroft, an actor I first noticed in the mini-series London Spy, and his role in Kingsman, The Secret Service.



Holcroft and Taron Egerton looking hot and wet in Kingsman The Secret Service



No comments: