Saturday, May 26, 2018

Rousingly Remembered?


'It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'
George S. Patton


In addition to spotlighting new and upcoming models, actors and artists, FH readers are well aware that one of my goals is to also spotlight the past. It began from my desire to research and feature the many men who have inspired me, sexually, artistically and creatively. The hunks who triggered my carnal instincts, the men who's music, acting and films that made an impression on me over the years. It also became a great way to discover and enjoy talented and hot men I didn't even know existed.


Looking back has become one of my favorite parts of working on FH with A Vintage Vantage and Blast From The Past being two of my favorite pieces to put together. When it comes to looking back on those who died in service however, it has been customary to look back solemnly, often with ritualized ceremonies on holidays like Memorial Day and the forth of July.


There is a beauty in looking back at men in their prime especially in contrast to their surroundings and circumstances. Their is something quite powerful with vintage images of men, men with so much life and love to give, in a situation like war, where life and a future can't be taken for granted. Last year I did a piece entitled Window's Walk and followed it up with a post called War Stories. I have a few others planned, but it is always a struggle to decide how recent is 'too recent' and separating the warrior from the war.


My fascination with vintage images of men at war is as much about their spirit as it is their bodies and celebrating the strength and bonds required to get through each day. I can't help but think that most of these men would be ok with being thought of and remembered for not just how they died, but how they lived. If you want to see more vintage 'war stories' I added more shots on THE OVER-FLOW HERE:


No comments: